Find Houses for Rent in Modesto, CA
One of the largest cities in California, Modesto is an inland community on Route 99. Modesto is east of Bay Area communities such as San Jose, Palo Alto and Fremont. Despite being a major city with important facilities like Memorial Medical Center: Sutter Health Affiliate and Modesto City Airport, there's plenty of outdoor beauty to go around. Homes for rent in Modesto offer families access to the city's 75 parks, many museums, plentiful outdoor shopping and the scenic Tuolumne River.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Modesto may be considered a metropolis if it were in any other state, but because of other enormous cities like Los Angeles and San Diego, Modesto is only one of many populous cities in the Golden State.
- Like many Californian cities, Modesto owes much of its growth and success to the railroad. In 1870, it was chosen as the end point for the Central Pacific Railroad. Fourteen years later it was incorporated as a city.
- Modesto's well-known E.&J. Gallo Winery was opened in the city the day after Prohibition ended by brother Ernest and Julio Gallo. It's become an enormous economic, employment and cultural force in the community.
Helpful Resources for Residents
The Modesto Bee can be a great way for new renters to get themselves acquainted with the city. With local feature stories, breaking hard news, high school sports, entertainment and more, the Modesto Bee is a guide to what's happening in the area.
- The Modesto City Schools are made up of more than two dozen individual elementary, middle and high schools throughout the city.
- The official Modesto city website gives residents plenty of access to useful municipal links. With city hall, local services, bill paying, hotlines and current events, the site has it all!