Discover the Great Houses for Rent in Monrovia, CA
Located in the San Gabriel Valley area of Los Angeles County, Monrovia, Calif., boasts a wealth of beautiful homes for rent. Nestled within the rolling foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, the entire city is filled to the brim with scenic vistas that look as though they came straight out of a postcard. This rustic beauty and historic charm help make Monrovia one of the best suburbs in the county.
4 Fun Facts for Monrovia Renters
- Monrovia is the fourth oldest general law city in the Los Angeles Basin, behind LA itself, Santa Monica and Pasadena. Since its founding in 1887, the city has grown from a small collection of orange groves into a bustling residential community with a host of amenities.
- Upton Sinclair, the author and political activist, lived in Monrovia. His former house is now a National Historic Landmark.
- Monrovia has been named an All-America City by the National Civic League for having a dedicated municipal government committed to successfully tackling important community issues, achieving "uncommon results."
- There are trolley busses that serve members of the community looking to travel locally, but a Metro light-rail station serves Monrovia via the Metro Gold Line. Its location is that of the historic former Santa Fe Railway depot.
Resources for Monrovia Residents
- The Monrovia Unified School District is one of the oldest education systems in the state, with the original high school built in 1887 at the site where the Monroe School currently operates.
- The local government is all about community development, offering numerous business and residential services on the city website.
What Makes Monrovia Special?
Numerous films and television shows have used Monrovia to depict an idyllic setting, and residents who choose to live here get to enjoy this backdrop on a daily basis.