Find Houses for Rent in Morgan Hill, CA
Near Anderson Lake and Coyote Lake, Morgan Hill is a suburban community in an area that was traditionally agricultural. Homes for rent in Morgan Hill are great for commuters because not only are they near Route 101, but the train also runs through the city. Morgan Hill is just south of San Jose, Silicon Valley and the Bay Area. The city has a variety of convenient businesses as well as outdoor recreation facilities for children and adults.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Although much of the more recent history of Morgan Hill is tied to Spanish exploration - like many places in California - the Morgan Hill area was home to Native American tribes for nearly 6,000 years!
- The town is named Morgan Hill after the first railroad stop in the region. The Southern Pacific Railroad initially stopped outside of Morgan Hill's Ranch. The stop and town name were shortened to Morgan Hill.
- Although Morgan Hill officially became a city around the turn of the 20th century, the population didn't really increase to modern numbers until the 1970s. Since then it has steadily grown.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Morgan Hill Times is an excellent local newspaper. Despite covering local sports and events, the Morgan Hill Times has a big city Web presence that gives renters an easy, free way to keep up on what's happening in town.
- The children of this city are part of the Morgan Hill Unified School District. With seven elementary schools, two middle schools, three high schools, an adult education school and other programs, there's something for everyone in the district.
- The official Morgan Hill city website is also a great tool for citizens and renters. It has all of the things a resident will need for municipal business, such as paying bills, as well as notices about fun upcoming events.