Find Houses for Rent in Newbury Park, CA
Newbury Park is a community in the city of Thousand Oaks. Newbury Park is also part of Ventura County and the Conejo Valley, both of which residents identify with. Homes for rent in Newbury Park are located slightly inland even though the community's boundaries extend to the ocean, mostly because of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area and, more specifically, Boney Mountain State Wilderness and Point Mugu State Park. Although these protected lands may mean no oceanfront homes for renters, it does mean ample recreation, unspoiled views and no overdevelopment. Newbury Park is suburban and right on Route 101.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Despite being claimed for Spain in 1542, the Conejo Valley area was largely unsettled by Europeans until the 1800s, when settlers came from the east. The area first began to grow as a stop on the trail between San Francisco and Los Angeles.
- Newbury Park is renowned for its excellent weather. The average low temperature is 49 degrees, while the high is 76. Not only is it always comfortable, but there isn't much rain.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- As part of Ventura County, many Newbury Park renters turn to the Ventura County Star for local and regional news. Like the paper version, the Star's website features news, entertainment, commentary and sports from the area, but it also has traffic alerts and weather updates.
- Because the city of Thousand Oaks encompasses the community of Newbury Park, the Thousand Oaks official website may be beneficial to Newbury Park renters. The site has online bill paying options, the city's budgets, event calendars and many other resources for renters.
- Newbury Park is part of the large Conejo Valley Unified School District, but it has a high school in the community's borders so the school commute won't take long.