Find Amazing Houses for Rent in Novato, CA
Novato is the northernmost city of Marin County, California. Located about 30 miles north of San Francisco on U.S. 101, Novato is a prime location for professionals and families wanting to be near a major metropolis but not directly in the city. Just 16 miles from the Golden Gate National Park and about 45 minutes from San Francisco International Airport, Novato is a quick ride to everything a larger city has to offer. Homes for rent in the community offer access to a flourishing arts district, Stafford Lake for swimming and water recreation, and 10 Marin County Open Space District preserves.
Historical Facts About Novato
- Novato was originally home to several Coast Miwok villages, one of which, Olompali, is preserved as Olompali State Historic Park.
- The former Hamilton Air Force Base, decommissioned in 1974 and designated an official Historic District in 1998, has been renovated into several single-family homes and commercial businesses.
Things to Do Around Novato
- Check out the Marin Museum of Contemporary Art for up-and-coming art shows and exhibits.
- Make the drive to one of the many vineyards in Sonoma. Just 20 miles from the city, Sonoma offers a quick weekend getaway or an ideal vacation spot for summer.
- Catch live music or have some home-brewed beer at HopMonk Tavern, Novato's largest music venue and only local brewery.