Check Out Houses for Rent in Oceano, CA
Homes for rent in Oceano place renters paces from some of the most beautiful beaches on the California coast. Oceano is part of the Five Cities Metropolitan Area in southern California and offers residents a small, close-knit community as well as easy access to San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Interesting Historical Facts About Oceano and San Luis Obispo
- The area of Oceano was originally home to Halcyon, a utopian religious community established by the Temple of the People based in Syracuse, New York, which believed human perfection could be attained by channeling electromagnetic forces.
- San Luis Obispo is home to California Polytechnic State University.
- Until 2005, when the city shut it down, San Luis Obispo was the site of one of the largest Mardi Gras parades west of the Mississippi River.
- The Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area is the only state park in California where visitors may drive on the beach. Locals and tourists can enjoy four-wheeling and off-roading across the park's sand dunes and drive to access the state park's various campsites.
- The Fremont Theatre, a 1940s Art Deco theater, still plays films on its big silver screen.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- More information about camping in and cruising on Oceano's state park beaches can be found at the State Parks of the San Luis Obispo Coast's website .
Important information about local schools is on the website for the Lucia Mar Unified School District.
- The Tribune, the local newspaper for Oceano and San Luis Obispo residents, keeps renters up to speed on local news and current events.
- The City of San Luis Obispo's guide to natural resources is full of how-tos for enjoying the region's natural splendors.