Find Houses for Rent in Paradise, CA
Located near the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains and approximately 15 miles from the city of Chico, this incorporated town in Butte County is part of California's Central Valley. While looking at homes for rent, families will fall in love with the abundant pines and oaks that help this community earn its name.
Interesting Paradise Facts for New Renters
- Considered part of the Chico Metropolitan Area, the town of Paradise was incorporated in 1979.
- It's nestled near a ridge top with elevations in Paradise ranging from 2,000 to 2,800 feet above the floor of Central Valley.
- The first post office was established in Paradise in 1877 and closed briefly in 1911, but was reopened later that year after the facility in nearby Orloff shut down.
- Legend has it that because it was home to the Pair o' Dice Saloon, the town was named after the establishment. However, Gene Sylva, former mayor of nearby Oroville, purports that it was named by his great-great-grandfather in the summer of 1864.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- The Town of Paradise website is the best place for new residents to find all of the information they need to become acquainted with the community. It provides useful links for citizens, such as town calendars to stay up to date on events and a text message alert system in case of emergencies.
- The Paradise Unified School District services the town with robust educational facilities and high-quality administrative staff to ensure the successful future of the community. It supports a range of ages, from preschool through adult programs, and fosters the best possible learning environment for all students.
- The Paradise Post provides breaking news stories and constant updates on activities and events within the community. Its website is stocked with information about the town and its neighboring cities.