Locate Houses for Rent in Pebble Beach, CA
World-renowned for its impeccable golf courses and spa resorts, this unincorporated community south of Monterey has everything that families need to enjoy the oceanfront locations of Southern California. Homes for rent in Pebble Beach benefit from their location along the Pacific Coast and proximity to countless amenities.
Interesting Pebble Beach Facts for Renters
- The Pebble Beach resorts are located on more than 5,000 acres of coastal land along the Monterey Peninsula between Carmel-by-the-Sea and the city of Monterey. The area delivers outdoor recreational experiences year-round for residents.
- In 1880, the Pacific Improvement Company opened the Hotel Del Monte. Eleven years before, the organization completed the Trans-Continental Railway, which opened up many lanes for industrial expansion and tourism.
- While the community is called Pebble Beach, the U.S. Census Bureau considers it as part of the larger census-designated area of Del Monte Forest.
- Its name was originally given to a rocky move in a small part of the Rancho Pescadero Mexican land grant that was awarded to Fabián Barreto in 1836. Upon his death, ownership was distributed among several different owners.
Important Links for New Pebble Beach Residents
- The Pebble Beach website is teeming with abundant information regarding the multitude of golf courses and amenities that are available in the community. Residents can review nearby dining options, plan to visit various events and sign up for a range of activities.
- Renters can get involved with the Del Monte Forest Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that aims to acquire and enhance lands dedicated to the Del Monte Forest. It currently manages nearly 700 acres of open space in the Pebble Beach area and has operated for more than 30 years through research and forest management.