Find Your Next House for Rent in Redwood City, CA
Nestled in the San Francisco Peninsula of Northern California and situated approximately 9 miles south of San Mateo, this charter city has its roots in the lumber industry along the West Coast. Families interested in homes for rent will love Redwood City's prime location near Bair Island and the waters of San Francisco Bay.
Interesting Facts to Know About Redwood City
- The history of Redwood City spans from the Ohlone people, its earliest inhabitants, to its rich lumber industry and position as the county seat of San Mateo County. It's also home to several technology companies, such as Electronic Arts.
- The Port of Redwood City is the only deep water port of San Francisco Bay.
- In order to revitalize its downtown area, city officials developed various shops and a 20-screen movie theater to attract new business. The cinema also includes restaurants and retail stores at ground level and an underground parking structure.
- Redwood City's historical courthouse has undergone numerous improvements over the years. Recently, water fountains were installed that flank the building's main steps. Its glass dome is illuminated at night and changes colors every 11 seconds.
Helpful Resources for New Residents
- The Redwood City School District oversees the educational system in the community, ensuring that the area's youth receive the finest learning experience possible from caring educators. With curriculum that challenges children to do their best, teachers instill a supporting environment for students of all ages.
- The Redwood City website is chock-full of useful information that helps renters become acquainted with the community and its surrounding areas. From event calendars and council meeting agendas to city code guidelines and robust historical insight, this is the one-stop shop for all residents.