Find Dream Houses for Rent in Reedley, CA
Reedley is a city with homes for rent located southeast of Fresno in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The Kings River flows through the area, which residents use for swimming and kayaking. It also helps maintain the thriving farming community in the area. Reedley is known for the high quality fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and cotton it produces. The world's largest fruit and vegetable packing and storage facility is located in the city. There's also Reedley College, which allows residents to take classes and also hosts many events for the community to enjoy, such as shows and festivals.
Facts for Renters
- The city began as a site to provide wheat to miners during the California Gold Rush. Thomas Reed was a Civil War hero that settled in the area and sold land to the railroads, which helped the city prosper as it could now ship goods across the state. The growing community was named in his honor.
- Many European farming families immigrated to take part in the booming farming business in Reedley. A German Mennonite colony was instrumental in the formation of the town and heavily influenced the local culture. The city was incorporated in 1913.
- Reedley hosts several annual events that celebrate its heritage. Reedley College has the RC Wine Festival, the Reedley Buddhist Church holds an Obon Festival full of food and dancing, and the Chamber of Commerce holds the Reedley Fiesta, which features dozens of food vendors, a parade and live music.
Resources for Renters
- Residents interested in continuing their education can apply to Reedley College at its website. It also offers course listings and faculty profiles.
- News, editorial articles, weather and sports for the area are available from The Reedley Exponent, which can be found in print and online.
- The Reedley website lets renters download forms and permits as well as pay utilities bills online.