Find Lovely Houses for Rent in Richmond, CA
Richmond is just a short drive from San Rafael and San Francisco. Located on the bay, this city has homes for rent in a diverse area with lots of recreation and entertainment. Richmond is a wonderful place for both work and play. Renters can explore one of the many historic landmarks in the area, or head down to Point Richmond, which is a small neighborhood in the city filled with boutiques, shops and restaurants.
Facts for Renters
- The city has eight different parks for residents to use, which make up about a third of Richmond's total land. The largest one is Wildcat Canyon Regional Park, which is over 2,400 acres. A subsection of Wildcat Canyon, called Alvarado Park, features unique stonework and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Richmond was a thriving industrial city in the early 20th century, with plants for the Ford Motor Company, American Radiator and Stauffer Chemical Company all coming to the city to take advantage of its status as the last train stop before the ferry to San Francisco.
- The Richmond Shipyards built many ships during the WWII era. It was one of the largest operations of its kind and led to a huge spike in growth for the city. During this time the population doubled from workers flooding in.
Resources for Renters
Radio Free Richmond is a community sourced news program that residents can use to keep up-to-date on local happenings.
- To get a full listing of events and shops in the Point Richmond neighborhood, renters can check out its website.
- At the City of Richmond website there's access to the public library catalog and information in the city's free shuttle bus, as well as details on public services offered by Richmond.