Discover the Ideal House for Rent in Santa Ynez, CA
Santa Ynez is a census-designated place in California's Santa Barbara County. It's located near Solvang, east of Lompoc. Homes for rent offer residents access to all that the area has to offer, including Western architecture, wineries, great weather and the Santa Ynez Airport.
Historical Facts About Santa Barbara County
- As many as 150 Native American tribes used to inhabit the area before European settlers arrived.
- Sebastian Viscaino sailed into the Channel of Santa Barbara on Dec. 4, 1602. He named the channel Santa Barbara because Dec. 4 is sacred to the memory of Saint Barbara.
- Father Junipero Serra founded the Santa Barbara Presidio in 1782, which was a military garrison that protect nearby missionaries. He built the Mission four years later.
- In 1822, Santa Barbara swore allegiance to the Empire of Mexico, which put an end to Spanish rule in California.
- In 1848, Mexico signed a treaty that ceded California to the United States.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out the County of Santa Barbara website for more information about Santa Ynez and the surrounding area. It has news and announcements, popular links, government contacts and information about living and working in the county.
- The Visit Santa Ynez Valley has a great tourism website that'll show potential renters what kinds of activities and attractions are located in the area. It has plenty of resources for locals and outlines of each community in the valley.
- The Santa Ynez Valley Wine County Association's site is worth checking out if you're interested in finding out about the local wineries and tasting rooms in the area, which might make for fun day trips or nights out.
- The Santa Ynez Valley News can keep residents up to date on what's going on in the community, as well as upcoming events and local attractions.