Discover Houses for Rent in Santee, CA
Santee is a California city located north of El Cajon and south of Eucalyptus Hills. Families searching for homes for rent will find a modern urban environment founded on a family-friendly, middle-class ethic. Residents can explore a variety of options while living in Santee. Shoppers can indulge at Prospect Plaza Shopping Center - an excellent place to obtain items for a new home or apartment. Parks abound - with the Padre Dam Park and Town Center Community Park East merely two examples among many of the areas open to Santee renters for exertion, recreation and relaxation. Residents can also head over to nearby Gillespie Field, the site of an airport, or travel on the San Vicente Freeway. Renters drawn to California life should consider living in Santee.
Historical Information About Santee
- The city has an Old Mission Dam that's an emblem of the intermingling of Spanish colonists and the area's indigenous Native American population. The mission was founded in 1779 by Father Junipero Serra and was constructed primarily by the Kumeyaay tribe.
- George A. Cowles was one of the American settlers who bought the land of contemporary Santee.
- Santee had a tremendous increase in population between 1950 and 1970. This time frame saw the population grow from 2,000 residents to 25,750.
Resources for Renters
- Renters should visit Santee's website to discover information and resources hand-tailored to the needs of new and prospective inhabitants. For example, there are special pages for residents on the website that deal with city and community related details, such as public safety and sustainability within the city.
- Santee's school district has its very own website. This will be a great way for parents to stay informed and never miss a board of education meeting.
- The city is a part of San Diego County, so visiting the county's website will prove enlightening for new renters.