Discover Houses for Rent in Shingle Springs, CA
Shingle Springs is a census-designated place in California's El Dorado County. It's located west of El Dorado and Diamond Springs. With the Lincoln Highway running through the community, commutes are a breeze for those living in homes for rent. With all the spoils that El Dorado has to offer, residents won't lack anything.
Historical Facts About El Dorado County
- The area was first settled by Native Americans who came through Alaska from Asia.
- The first Europeans arrived in the area in 1770 when Gaspar de Portola's expedition moved north from Mexico and San Diego.
- In 1844, John C. Fremont and Kit Carson crossed the Sierra up the Carson River and into El Dorado County.
- Gold was found at a saw mill in the area on Jan. 24, 1848. The word spread and people soon began flocking to the area to try and find more.
- California became the 31st state in 1850. Coloma was the first county seat, but it soon moved to Placerville.
Helpful Resources for Renters
- Check out El Dorado County's website for more information about the surrounding area. It has all kinds of useful links that residents can use to get acquainted with their new hometown. From news and hot topics to government information, attractions and job postings, the site has it all.
- Parents should check out the Buckeye Union School District for details on the local education opportunities. It outlines the schools in the area, upcoming events, student schedules, staff and registration information for new students. Parents of older kids should look into Ponderosa High School, which is located in town.
- The El Dorado County Visitors Authority website is a great resource if you're looking for things to do in the area with your family over the summer or on the weekends.