Find Your Next House for Rent in Soledad, CA
Families often look to the suburbs when they have multiple children, and Soledad is one of the greatest places to settle down. Located near Salinas and Hollister, this moderately sized city is nestled a few hours' drive away from San Francisco and the Bay area. Homes for rent in Soledad combine traditional Spanish architecture and stunning natural beauty.
Interesting Facts about Soledad
- In form with California's roots as a region of colonial Mexico, Soledad gets its name from the Spanish mission known as La Mision de Maria Santisima, Nuestra Senora Delorosisima de la Soledad. Built in 1791, the mission marks the founding of the entire community.
- If families are more interested in nature, Pinnacles National Park offers some great vistas and hiking opportunities for the more athletic members of the pack.
- Soledad was listed as the 11th safest city in California by the 2013 Safe Cities report, beating out communities like Calabasas, Agoura Hills and Cupertino.
- Located in the traditional food-producing area known as the Salinas Valley, Soledad was featured in the 1937 John Steinbeck novel "Of Mice and Men."
Resources for Renters about Soledad
- The municipal website for Soledad includes helpful links where residents can contact city officials and keep track of regulations and opportunities to start a business. Residents of Soledad can also sign up for seasonal volunteer programs such as constructing and cleaning up parks, putting on outdoor events and coordinating a city-wide bake sale.
- The Soledad Unified School District offers top-level educational opportunities for children of all ages. With middle, elementary and high schools all within the system, children don't have to travel far from home for an education that will last their entire lives.