Discover Houses for Rent in Stockton, CA
Though Stockton may be the 13th largest city in California, it's located in an area dominated by scenic farmland and countryside. Stockton is nearby the towns of Tracy and Salida, which are also located in the state's Central Valley. Homes for rent in Stockton hold the history of a city that grew by leaps and bounds during the Gold Rush and is moving into the future as a dynamic community.
Fun Facts About Stockton
- Stockton plays host to several golf courses, such as the 214-acre Van Buskirk Golf Course and the par-72 Brookside Country Club. Both offer championship-level golf with pristinely managed fairways, manicured greens and additional amenities.
- As a mid-sized city, Stockton has several minor league professional teams. Families can take in some hard-hitting hockey at Stockton Thunder games, as well as some classic baseball action at Stockton Ports games.
- Opened in 1947, the Stockton 99 Speedway is the oldest NASCAR-certified racetrack west of the Mississippi River. The 5,000-seat stadium surrounds the quarter mile oval-shaped track and hosts races almost every weekend.
Helpful Resources for Residents of Stockton
- The Stockton Metropolitan Airport lies within the city limits and offers regional flights to major airports throughout California. Depending on availability, local company Allegiant Airlines offers direct flights to Las Vegas, Phoenix and Honolulu.
- The Stockton Tourism website lists all the festivals the city hosts, such as the St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Run, the Jewish Food Fair, the Stockton Beer Week and the West Coast BBQ Championships.
- The Stockton Unified School District offers dozens of educational opportunities at the elementary, middle or high school levels. Stockton's school system also features specialty schools, such as the SUSD Early College Academy and Weber Institute for Applied Science and Technology.