Explore Houses for Rent in Suisun City, California
Located near Vallejo and Sonoma, Suisun City is an hour's drive away from both San Francisco and Sacramento. Without these metropolitan centers, life in Suisun City moves at a slower and more relaxed pace. Homes for rent offer more space and beautiful views onto vistas of natural beauty.
Important Information About Suisun City
- Suisun City is named after the Suisunes Native American tribe, which lived in the area until around 200 years ago. In fact, the county that Suisun City lies in - Solano County - is named after a Suisunes chieftain.
Travis Air Force Base is located miles outside of Suisun City and offers employment and educational opportunities for citizens with and without ties to the military.
- The Suisun City Marina was completely renovated in 1994 to boast 150 berths for rent and a 300-foot dock and launch for boats. Boat owners have access to fuel, cleaning supplies and management services as part of their membership to the marina.
Resources for Suisun City Residents
- The Suisun City website has vital information on the city's Waterfront District, which hosts outdoor concerts, child-friendly shows and movies in the park. The Suisun City Waterfront is also the location of dozens of restaurants and shops.
- The Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District has all the information residents need to enroll their children in the best classes. With dozens of schools at every level, children living in Suisun City never lack for educational opportunities.
- The Suisun City Library has 26 public access computers, a photocopier, printers, a wireless network and more than 5,400 square feet of books. Residents can also sign up for monthly book clubs to socialize with their fellow Suisun City citizens.