Find Your Dream House for Rent in Thousand Oaks, CA
Located near Simi Valley and Agoura Hills, Thousand Oaks is an affluent suburb of Los Angeles about an hour's drive from the city. Residents of Thousand Oaks include celebrities such as Ellen DeGeneres and Bob Denver, but ordinary people call the city their home as well. Surrounded by mountains and bordered by the sea, homes for rent in Thousand Oaks combine natural beauty with a manicured community for luxury living.
Interesting Facts About Thousand Oaks
- Thousand Oaks was once home to Jungleland USA, one of Southern California's first amusement parks. Jungleland USA was famous for its zoo, which housed highly trained animals that were so obedient that they were eventually used in several high-profile movies during the mid-20th century, such as "Tarzan" and "The Adventures of Robin Hood."
Wood Ranch Golf Club is one of the only premium golfing experiences in the Simi Valley. In addition to a par-72, 6,972-yard course, membership also includes full access to the clubhouse and invitations to all social events held at the country club.
- The California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks houses thousands of sculpture pieces, photographs and other works of art. Founded in 1972, the museum has grown from a small group of residents to a regional force for cultural discussion.
- Thousand Oaks was recently named the 7th richest city in the U.S., ahead of Boston but just short of New York.
Important Resources for Residents in Thousand Oaks
- The Conejo Valley Unified School District oversees the education of children in Thousand Oaks. With several options at every level from preschool to high school, children can get a top-flight education right at home.
- The municipal website for Thousand Oaks has links to various resources residents might find useful, such as emergency notification programs, city construction updates and budget analysis tools. Residents can also explore Thousand Oak's start-of-the-art library through the site.