Explore Houses for Rent in Visalia, CA
Located near Tulare and Lemoore, Visalia sits on the eastern edge of the San Joaquin Valley. Homes for rent in Visalia are a 3-hour drive from both San Francisco and Los Angeles, but the natural beauty of nearby mountains, forests and lakes more than enhances its rural location.
Fun Facts About Visalia for Residents
- Even though the Visalia Country Club has almost 7,000 yards of fairways and greens to hack away at, the place is about a lot more than just golf. Residents can relax in the clubhouse with views of the course or check out the oldest Valley Oak Tree in the city, which is rooted right next to the tee box for the 18th hole.
- Founded in 1852, Visalia is recognized as the oldest continuously inhabited inland European settlement between Los Angeles and Stockton. Visalia served as a major regional center during the 1800s, as Americans began to settle the San Joaquin Valley.
- Visalia is only minutes away from Sierra National Forest, home to the Sierra Nevada mountains, the highest range in the U.S. Residents can hike along hundreds of miles of trails or challenge themselves with some rock climbing.
Important Resources for Residents of Visalia
- Unlike many other regional airports, the Visalia Municipal Airport is serviced by Great Lakes Airlines. GLA makes daily trips to Los Angeles in less than an hour of flight time, so commuting in- or out-of-state is a breeze for residents.
- The city of Visalia's website gathers all the information residents might need about life in this quaint town. With a calendar of city events, links to elected officials and their contact information, and updates on municipal services, Visalia's website has the answers to residents' questions.