Find Great Houses for Rent in Clifton, CO
Clifton is a census-designated place located in Mesa County. The community borders Fruitvale and Grand Junction. Clifton is primarily residential, and homes for rent in the area are an easy drive from businesses in Grand Junction. Hikers and mountain bikers have ample access to trails with beautiful scenery in the surrounding communities.There are also a number of cultural attractions in Mesa County, including the Avalon Theater, the Grand Junction Symphony and the Western Colorado Center for the Arts.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- Grand Junction, which borders Clifton, is one of Colorado's largest producers of fruit, including peaches, pears and cherries. There are also more than 20 vineyards in the city that produce a variety of red wines.
- Every year in August, Mesa County hosts the Palisade Peach Festival. The event has roots in the area's initial settlement during the late 1800s. The first settlers began the tradition of a harvest festival, and the event now draws large crowds. The weekend-long celebration features many peach-flavored foods, carnival rides, a parade and live entertainment.
- Clinton is located just a few miles outside of the Grand Mesa National Forest, which is home to the largest flat-top mountain in the world.
Useful Resources for Renters
- For information about departments and services in Mesa County, renters should visit the county's official website. The site provides a comprehensive handbook for new residents that includes important facts about the area.
- Residents of Clifton are served by the Mesa County Valley School District. Parents can find information about zoning, academics and athletics on the district website.
- For the latest breaking news in the county, renters should visit the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel website.