Discover Great Houses for Rent in Fruita, CO
The city of Fruita is located in Mesa County, near Colorado's western border. The Colorado River runs along the community's southern edge. Homes for rent in the city are approximately 15 miles outside of Grand Junction and located close to the Colorado National Monument. Fruita's motto is "Honor the past, envision the future," and the city is home to a number of historic properties and paleontology sites.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- The community was first settled in the 1880s by farmers who were traveling west. In the early 1900s, a paleontologist from Chicago's Field Museum discovered dinosaur bones just outside the city. The skeletons found included part of a Brontosaurus and those of two unknown prehistoric animals, which the scientists named the Fruitaden and the Fruitafossor.
- Fruita is a popular destination for individuals who enjoy mountain biking, hiking, golfing or white water rafting. There are lots of great recreational areas in and around the city.
- Fruita is located near the Colorado State National Monument. The park was created to preserve the natural beauty of the area's monoliths, plateaus and canyons. Visitors can often spot eagles flying through the park or bighorn sheep along the canyon walls.
Useful Resources for Renters
- Renters should visit the Fruita city website to learn about the history of the area and find contact information for city officials and departments. The website also has a calendar of upcoming city events and recreational offerings.
- For information about businesses in the community, residents should visit the Fruita Chamber of Commerce website. The organization has listings of local festivals, attractions, restaurants, shops and more.
- For the latest breaking news, renters should read the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel. The newspaper covers happenings in Fruita, Grand Junction and a number of other communities.