Discover Houses for Rent in Louisville, CO
Over the years, the city of Louisville, Colo., has received numerous accolades for being a great place to live, and people looking for homes for rent in the area won't find it hard to see why. The wooden buildings that compose the historic downtown area hearken back to an earlier time, but there are plenty of modern employment opportunities to be had in the area as well, particularly in the technology, telecom, aerospace and clean energy industries.
Fast Facts About Louisville
- Not to be confused with the Kentucky city of the same name, Louisville, Colo., is approximately a 20-minute drive east of Boulder and a 30-minute drive northwest of Denver.
- The city is part of the Boulder Valley School District, along with the neighboring municipalities of Boulder, Broomfield, Erie, Gold Hill, Jamestown, Lafayette, Nederland, Superior and Ward.
- Louisville is governed by a seven-person city council composed of two council members from each of its three wards, plus the mayor.
Resources for Renters
- Head to Louisville's official website with questions about everything from applying for permits and paying utility bills to what events and local attractions best fit you and your family.
- The Louisville Chamber of Commerce website is another great resource with information about the city's history, upcoming events and local business development.
- Historic Downtown Louisville has its own website, complete with a monthly e-newsletter, the Downtown Dialogue.
Things to Do in Louisville
In the heart of the historic downtown district lies the Steinbaugh Pavilion, which is home to an old-fashioned ice skating rink between November and February. In the summer months, check out the Louisville Downtown Street Faire, a weekly event that features live music, arts and crafts, children's activities, food and more. Meanwhile, the Louisville Recreation and Senior Center offers a bevy of activities and programs for all ages, including youth sports, senior services and fitness classes.