Explore Houses for Rent in Sedalia, CO
Sedalia, Colo., is a census-designated place in the southwest Denver metro area. The CDP is situated about a 40-minute drive south of the state capital and a 50-minute drive north of Colorado Springs. People looking for homes for rent in a small, quaint community not too far off the beaten path may want to consider living in Sedalia.
Fast Facts About Sedalia
- Because Sedalia isn't an incorporated municipality, the CDP is overseen by the Douglas County government.
- Sedalia is served by the Douglas County School District. One of the largest school districts in the state, DCSD is composed of 47 elementary schools, nine middle schools, nine high schools, 11 charter schools, two magnet schools and one alternative high school.
- The closest main thoroughfare to Sedalia is U.S. Route 85, which is about a 10-minute drive away from the CDP. Once you hit this highway, the cities of Centennial and Denver are a straight shot north, while Colorado Springs is south.
Resources for Renters
- Sedalia doesn't have its own independent online presence, but it does have a page on Colorado.com, which lists local attractions and information about nearby municipalities.
- If you have questions about municipal services or simply want to find out what there is to do in the area, Douglas County's official website is an excellent resource.
Things to Do In and Around Sedalia
Sedalia is probably best known for the Cherokee Ranch that dominates the local landscape. As well as being a working cattle ranch, the Scottish-style castle serves as a museum of sorts, boasting 15th- and 16th-century European paintings and drawings by Sir Christopher Wren. At the heart of the town lies an old rail line surrounded by craft shops, restaurants and a corner bar. For outdoors enthusiasts, the South Platte River west of Sedalia boasts excellent fly fishing opportunities, while campers and bikers head west to the Rampart Range in Pike National Forest.