Find Houses for Rent in Bloomfield, CT
Bloomfield is a quaint suburban town just north of Hartford, the capital of Connecticut. Since the area blends the scenic and spacious characteristics of rural regions with a full range of urban amenities, many may find homes for rent in Bloomfield ideal for raising a family.
Interesting Facts Bloomfield Renters Should Know
- Bloomfield began as Messenger Farms, a settlement founded in 1640.
- As its original name might suggest, Bloomfield's heritage is agricultural, though its economic production has since expanded and now includes commercial business.
- During the course of its development, Bloomfield became home to a brandy distillery and multiple cider mills.
- Bloomfield began offering rail service within 30 years of its incorporation in 1835. During that time, four stations serviced the area and eight trains ran daily to Hartford.
Helpful Resources for Renters in Bloomfield
- The official website of the Town of Bloomfield hosts resources ranging from town departments to local government.
- The Connecticut Department of Transportation's website can be useful for finding information on public transportation in and around Bloomfield and Connecticut.
- The Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce provides a website that renters can use to keep up on local events or get involved in business in town.
Bloomfield Recreational Activities
The Bloomfield area is speckled with parks, such as Tobacco Valley Open Space, Woodland Manner Open Space and Plymouth Drive Open Space. Entertainment and dining needs can be met in town by the Wintonbury Mall, which sports the Pasticceria Italia bakery and the Digiplex Bloomfield 8 movie theater. Golfers also have much to love in Bloomfield, with several nearby country clubs like Gillette Ridge Golf Club and Tumble Brook Country Club. There are also numerous attractions a short ride away in Hartford. For instance, renters interested in the arts have to check out the Wadsworth Atheneum, the United States' first public art institution, while the Connecticut Science Center hosts a variety of exhibits that are sure to capture the imaginations of children of all ages.