Explore Houses for Rent in Branford, CT
Branford, located on the Long Island Sound, is roughly 10 minutes away from the thriving city of New Haven. Thanks to the town's water-side location, homes for rent in Branford may attract renters that enjoy aquatic activities and shorefront vistas.
Intriguing Branford Facts
- A number of settlers arrived between 1644 and 1667 to initiate the Branford community, including Edward Treadwell, Lesly Bradfield, Robert Abbott and Thomas Sargent.
- Branford, a name that derives from the English city of Brentford in Middlesex County, was originally known as Totokett.
- Stony Creek, in Branford, was once a hotspot for a financially successful quarrying enterprise and a summer community for Connecticut residents.
Useful Branford Tools
- To learn more about business, government departments, local community and residential life, renters can check out the Town of Branford's official website.
- The Branford Public Schools website hosts resources for parents with children in grades K-12 and individuals interested in working in the district.
- Information about events, membership and employment are available at the website of the Branford Chamber of Commerce.
Things to Do in Branford
Renters can catch a glimpse of the Long Island Sound at Branford Point and Parker Park on the south side of town. Visitors can also take a dip in the waters, fish from the pier or paddle out in a canoe. For a taste of local nightlife, residents can stop by Donovan's Reef for food, drinks and live music. The restaurant serves a variety of surf and turf dishes, such as shrimp Florentine and London broil. Art aficionados can head over to New Haven to experience a diverse array of exhibits and collections at the Yale Center for British Art, which presents 200 sculptures and 2000 paintings from different time periods.