Discover Houses for Rent in Broad Brook, CT
Broad Brook is a neighborhood nestled in East Windsor, approximately 20 minutes north of Hartford. Homes for rent in Broad Brook may appeal to renters seeking a suburban lifestyle near one of the most populous cities in Connecticut.
Things Broad Brook Renters Should Know
- Broad Brook was once home to an industrial mill that served as a tannery, gristmill, sawmill and woolen mill. Manufacturing operations were performed at the site as early as 1835. The structure left on the plot was later repurposed to support residential condominiums.
- The mill was used to create woolen items through 1951 after it was purchased by the Broad Brook Company in 1849.
- Broad Brook is just a few miles from the Connecticut River, runs for more than 400 miles and connects the New Hampshire-Quebec border with the Long Island Sound.
Helpful Broad Brook Tools
- Information about employment opportunities, local departments and government affairs near Broad Brook can be found at the Town of East Windsor municipal website.
- Renters interested in area events or economic development can check out the website of the East Windsor Chamber of Commerce.
- The East Windsor Public Schools website provides resources for parents considering educating their children in Broad Brook.
Recreational Activities in Broad Brook
East Windsor Park is among the various parks located near Broad Brook rentals. The park, covering 22 acres, sports a tennis court, a volleyball court, a waterfront for swimming, a multi-purpose field and 2 baseball fields. Just north of town, Scantic River State Park offers visitors the chance to hike, fish, hunt or go birding on its 734 acres of grounds. To experience musicals, concerts and other events, renters can check out Broad Brook Opera House, Inc. In nearby Hartford, cultural amenities abound, such as The Mark Twain House & Museum. The museum hosts displays that tell the tale of the great writer and his work.