122 Houses for Rent in East Hartford, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
East Hartford House Options
Find Houses for Rent in East Hartford, CT
East Hartford is located just across the Connecticut River from Hartford and Wethersfield. Homes for rent in East Hartford are in close proximity to the numerous amenities of the town's larger counterpart.
East Hartford Historical Facts
- Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Company, located in East Hartford during World War II, produced supplies that were crucial to the American war effort.
- East Hartford served as a campsite for Lt. Gen. Comte de Rochambeau's troops during the Revolutionary War.
- East Hartford was incorporated in 1783, when it officially established itself as a town distinct from Hartford.
Useful Resources for East Hartford Renters
- The Town of East Hartford Connecticut municipal website hosts information about residential life in East Hartford, local departments and town laws.
- The website of the East Hartford Chamber of Commerce provides pages to help renters get involved in business in East Hartford.
- Parents with students in grades K-12 can visit the East Hartford Public Schools website to learn more about the town's academic opportunities.
Ways to Play in East Hartford
East Hartford is home to a number of parks and other attractions, such as Martin Park with its baseball fields, pool, basketball courts, playscape and football field. Renters can also catch concerts and sporting events at Rentschler Field or throw a few strikes at AMF Silver Lanes bowling alley. Across the river, in Hartford, the Connecticut Science Center offers a variety of exhibits for children to explore and broaden their horizons, including Forces in Motion, River of Life and Sports Lab. Adults interested in experiencing the nightlife of Hartford may want to stop by Black Eyed Sally's, which serves Southern dishes and hosts live music, while beer enthusiasts can head over to City Steam Brewery Cafe to try one of their draft beverages.