Find Houses for Rent in Fairfield, CT
Fairfield is a town in Fairfield County and is about 77 minutes from the Big Apple. While there's plenty to do in Manhattan and the surrounding region, don't sell Fairfield short. This college town, home to Fairfield University and Sacred Heart University, has lots of amenities, making it a great spot for homes for rent. People can enjoy the small-town feel while being close to major cities. Enjoy a trip to the beach with your family, as Fairfield isn't far from the coast. If you don't want to travel to the ocean, you can still see some of its wildlife at The Maritime Aquarium. Indulge your sweet tooth at Connecticut's Chocolate Trails, which takes you to some of the best chocolatiers in the state.
Facts for Renters
- Fairfield was developed after Roger Ludlow, a framer of the Fundamental Orders, purchased a large amount of land from the Pennquonnock Indians. However, the land soon was split up, creating the towns of Westport, Bridgeport, Redding, Weston and Easton.
- After the Native Americans sold their land, they were given small areas within Fairfield where they could hunt and farm. As a result, several roads in the area still hold Native American names.
- Ludlow divided the land into four squares. The town center was at the middle of these four. Within the squares were churches, administrative buildings and settlers' homes. Today this areas is known as the historic Town Green.
Resources for Renters
- If you're interested in finding out what's going on around town, pick up a copy of the Fairfield Citizen.
- Get to know the area better or learn more town history at the Fairfield website.
- Find out if the local schools are right for your children by checking out the Fairfield Public Schools site.