Explore Houses for Rent in Greenwich, Connecticut
Greenwich is in Fairfield County. Nearby cities include Stamford, Port Chester and White Plains. The sea-facing city boasts a diverse dining scene, a wealth of aquatic activities and charming boutiques. Stop into Elm Street Oyster House for some tuna carpaccio and a refreshing cocktail. Signature plates include crab cakes, wasabi-crusted yellow-fin tuna and paella. When you've had your fill of delicious seafood, spend the rest of your evening exploring all that Greenwich has to offer. Its local fare is just one reason why the city is a great option for families looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Greenwich
- The Bruce Museum of Arts and Science is the perfect place to peruse galleries and learn a lot. Permanent exhibits include "Formation of Our Land," "Changes in Our Land" and "Every Object Tells a Story." Kids under the age of five get in for free.
- Don't miss the Greenwich Reindeer Festival, a month-long holiday event that includes pictures with Santa Clause and The Greenwich Holiday Stroll, where families go to "shop, dine and be merry."
- During the summers, kids can play at the skate park or sign up for outdoor sports sponsored by the parks and recreation department.
- Locals can find locally-sourced fruits and veggies at the Greenwich Farmers Market.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website to learn more about upcoming events, town meetings or for an overview of the local government.
- Check out the Greater Greenwich Chamber of Commerce for tourism and visitor opportunities. The site has suggestions on where to dine, shop and stay upon arrival in Greenwich. If you're thinking about joining the organization, you can get a better idea of its events on the website.