Seek Out Houses for Rent in Meriden, CT
Located 20 miles south of Hartford, the city of Meriden, Conn., is an ideal place to call home. The town is situated in the midst of numerous natural open spaces that provide a beautiful retreat from the busy suburban lifestyle. The Hartford area is home to plenty of opportunities, especially within the insurance industry. Homes for rent in Meriden could be exactly what you and your family are seeking.
Hiking Trails in Meriden
- Hubbard Park: The Hubbard Park hiking trails provide hours of entertainment and gorgeous natural views. Hiking destinations on this route include West Peak, South Mountain and Castle Craig.
- Mount Higby and Beseck Mountain: These overlapping trails allow hikers to access stunning views from the top of two local peaks. In addition to Mount Higby and Beseck Mountain, hikers can also reach Power Ridge from this popular trail.
- Hanover Pond: Want to check out some gorgeous native flora and fauna? Try the Hanover Pond Trail. From here, you can also access the Quinnipiac Gorge Trail.
Things to Love About Meriden
- This city is conveniently located at the intersection of interstates 91 and 691, Route 5 and the Merritt Parkway. This prime location has led Meriden to be coined "The Crossroads of Connecticut."
- In addition to Meriden's proximity to Hartford, the city is also less than a 20-minute drive from New Haven, which is great for college students and their parents.
- Meriden is very economically minded, with numerous incentives in place for attracting businesses and promoting transit-oriented development within the city.
Resources for Renters
- For more information on Meriden, check out the city's homepage.
- Before heading out on a hike, make sure to take a peek at the area's weather forecast.