Explore Houses for Rent in Monroe, Connecticut
Monroe is in Fairfield County. Nearby cities include Ansonia, Shelton and Redding. The city is 60 minutes north of the Hartford, which is the hub of the state known for its collection of museums and art exhibits, eclectic bunch of restaurants and bars, and exciting nightlife. Hartford is also home to the Bradley International Airport, so if you travel a lot for work, it's conveniently close to home. Aside from its surroundings, Monroe boasts plenty of interesting places to keep yourself occupied. It's just one reason why Monroe is a great place for families who are looking for homes for rent.
Fun Facts about Monroe
- If you're a sucker for comfort food, dinner at Macdaddy's Macaronis and Cheese Bar is a must. The American restaurant puts its own spin on the classic dish macaroni and cheese. It also serves snack sizes, which means if you're on a diet you can still sample the savory staple.
- Head to Bill's Drive-In for burgers and shakes with a side of nostalgia. The 50s-themed dinner hosts car shows every Saturday.
- Don't miss St. Peter's Annual Apple Festival held in Monroe every Fall. Whatever variety you fancy, you're sure to find it there. Don't leave without picking up a piece of hot apple crisp ala mode and at least perusing the 90-something craft vendors.
Information for Renters
- Visit the city's official website, which is a great resource for new members of the community. On the site, you'll see about "About Monroe" section and information on public safety and local government.
- Check out the Monroe Chamber of Commerce to explore the business aspect of Monroe. The website has a calendar of events and instructions on how you can become a member of the organization.