97 Apartments For Rent in New Haven, CT

Sort: Best Match
Results Per Page: 30
1-30 of 97 properties

Page 1 of 4

Apartments for Rent in New Haven, CT

New Haven is a mid-size city in Connecticut with just under 131,000 residents. Young adults (15-24) will fit right in, as they account for an above-average percentage of the population, though young professionals also feature prominently in the demographics. The city ranks as the sixth-youngest municipality in the state with an average age of just over 34. Homeowners tend to be in the minority in New Haven, and 72% of residents are renting. The average rent of $1,143 per month is roughly the same as the state average.

New Haven has a relatively high number of residents over the age of 25 with advanced degrees compared to the national average (7%), as 9% have earned a Master's or a Doctoral degree. Furthermore, 10% possess a Bachelor's degree. There are two primary industries in New Haven: education and healthcare. Combined, these industries make up 19% of the city's labor force. With an average annual income of around $57K, New Haven workers earn less than the average Connecticut resident. New Haven's average income also trails the national average of $73,345.

Averaging about 25 minutes, the commute time for New Haven residents is shorter than the Connecticut average of about 27 minutes. Driving a car or truck is the typical mode of getting to work, selected by 30% of residents, while public transit is not used widely. Not many workers (6%) commute on foot, though the number is much greater than the national average.

Rentals.com is part of the Rent. Network of Sites
© 2022 Rent Group Inc. All photos, videos, text and other content are the property of Rent Group Inc. RENTALS.COM and the RENTALS.COM Trade Dress are registered trademarks of Rent Group Inc. All rights reserved.
If you are using a screen reader, or are having trouble reading this website, please email accessibilityfeedback@rent.com.
Equal Housing Opportunity
Showing 0 of 97