Discover Houses for Rent in Plainville, CT
Plainville is a town to the southwest of Hartford near New Britain and Bristol. The town is located near Interstate 84 for easy access to the state capital as well as New York City. Homes for rent in this mainly residential community are great for commuters as well as people working in town. Plainville has historically been an important area for transportation with canals and railways, and now it's home to Robertson Airport. Residents can get flight lessons at the small airport or take advantage of the many other services and activities that the community and local businesses offer in Plainville.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Plainville dates back to the mid-1600s. Although the town of Plainville has only existed since 1869, the area has been settled since 1657 as part of Farmington. The town's name is a reference to the plains in the region.
- Every August, Plainville hosts an international hot air balloon festival. The Plainville Hot Air Balloon Festival happens at Norton Park and is one of the largest in the Northeast.
- In addition to Norton, there are plenty of parks in Plainville for residents to take advantage of. Tomasso Nature Park, Hamlin Pond Park, Sunset Rock State Park and Quinnipiac Park are just a few of the wide range of outdoor recreational offerings in town.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- People in Plainville have multiple news sources for community, local and national news. The Plainville Observer is an online news source about the town, but local events are also covered by the much larger Hartford Courant.
- Most children in town attend Plainville Community Schools. The town operates five schools, including three elementary schools.
- Residents will enjoy the links to services and departments on the town's website.
Live in Plainville
Despite its simple name, there's a lot going on in Plainville. Families who move to Plainville rentals will enjoy living in this exciting community.