Discover Great Houses for Rent in Seymour, CT
On the banks of the Naugatuck River, Seymour is a lively town in southwestern Connecticut. Located on Route 8, Seymour is near Naugatuck in the north and Shelton to the south. The sprawling suburban town is composed of residential neighborhoods interspersed with forests and a downtown area in the center. The downtown is scenic with its brick sidewalks, old-style street lamps, Victorian buildings and local businesses. Homes for rent in Seymour give families the chance to live in a New England town with tons of small-town charm. In addition to the quaint and traditional downtown, there's plenty of natural beauty for residents to enjoy in the area.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- In the mid-1800s, Seymour experienced enormous economic success as a booming mill town. Although industry has since changed, Seymour has adapted and is now home to many successful companies, like Kerite Company.
- Seymour has an Eastern European sister city. Poland's Naklo-nad-Notecia acts as a great educational opportunity for high schoolers in Seymour. They've visited one another and communicate frequently.
- There are a variety of outdoor spaces in Seymour for everything from fishing and athletics to quiet walks in the woods. Families will love boating on the Naugatuck and Housatonic rivers and hiking the large Keith Mitchell Forrest.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Children in Seymour are served by the Seymour Public Schools. The town has four schools, including two elementary schools.
Seymour's website is a useful tool for townspeople. With links to town offices, online bill paying and meeting minutes, residents will surely want to bookmark this page.
- Residents of Seymour get their local and town news from The Valley Gazette.
Live in Seymour
Seymour is a great town for kids and parents. With quick commutes, good schools and plenty of other families nearby, Seymour is an excellent place to rent.