381 Houses for Rent in Southbury, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Southbury House Options
Discover Great Houses for Rent in Southbury, CT
Southbury is a town in the southwestern part of the state, just north of Oxford and Newtown. Near Interstate 84, Southbury has quick access to Hartford, Springfield, Mass., and New York City as well as I-95. Homes for rent in Southbury offer residents a chance to be part of a diverse population. The town has a high number of senior citizens as well as many families and children. There are also a variety of green spaces and recreation areas throughout the town, including the Pomperaug Golf Club and the Heritage Golf Club as well as public parks like Ballantine Park, Platt Park and Settlers Park. In addition to recreational areas, there are also plenty of businesses nearby for convenient shopping.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Southbury, incorporated in 1787, is the only town in the United States that's called "Southbury." The town motto, "Unica Unaque," translates to "The one and only."
- Families from all over the area go to Southford Falls State Park in Southbury for a day of swimming and picnicking. In the winter, this park, as well as many other scenic outdoor areas in town, become popular snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trails.
- Because of its beautiful views and historic past, it's a popular retirement community. The enormous Heritage Village is the largest community, with 2,380 condominiums near the town's center.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- In combination with nearby Middlebury, Southbury's young students are served by the Pomperaug Regional School District 15.
- Waterbury's Republican American is the largest local newspaper that focuses on Southbury.
- The Southbury town website has a lot of useful information that residents will appreciate. With links for every office from assessor to zoning, people should bookmark this page.
Live in Southbury
The community of Southbury is as unique as its name. The population may be older in some pockets, but the town is still lively with tons of local events and facilities.