82 Houses for Rent in Stratford, Connecticut
Number of Bedrooms
Stratford House Options
Discover Houses for Rent in Stratford, CT
Stratford is a coastal community in southwestern Connecticut. Next to Bridgeport and Milford, this town sits at the mouth of the Housatonic River on Long Island Sound. Some locals may know the town as the home of the Igor Sikorsky Memorial Airport, but Stratford has much more to offer families looking at homes for rent in the town. Short Beach Park and Stratford Point are two coastal recreation areas in town where families can go for a dip or soak up the sun and beautiful views. The town's largest park, Roosevelt Forest, is in the north end of town. Stratford also offers residents a town built by historical figures with a modern-day, close-knit community.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Stratford shares its name with a British community famous as the hometown of William Shakespeare. Not only is there the American Shakespeare State Park in Stratford, but the town once ran The American Shakespeare Festival Theatre. Now the theater is only opened at special occasions like the Festival! Stratford, an annual town-wide celebration.
- Stratford is home to the National Helicopter Museum. Residents can visit the downtown center to learn more about this unique form of aviation or head up to the Sikorsky Heliport on the Housatonic River to fly.
- Stratford was founded in 1639, just 19 years after the Pilgrims landed in Plymouth to the northeast.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Stratford Board of Education operates the public schools in town. Its motto is, "Only the educated are free."
- Many residents get their local news from the Stratford Star, a newspaper and website operated in town.
- The town of Stratford is well-known for its beautiful coast and picturesque red and white lighthouse, but its website is known as the go-to place for any municipal needs in town.
Live in Stratford
Stratford is a historic and beautiful town that families will have no trouble settling into.