Discover Houses for Rent in Vernon and Rockville, CT
Rockville and Vernon are two residential communities northeast of Hartford. Rockville is a former city that's now part of the town of Vernon. The two areas share a variety of services and amenities, and combine to create a great place for families to live. Homes for rent in Vernon and Rockville are conveniently located near Interstate 84 for a quick, 15-minute commute to the state capital. Much of the northwest part of Vernon, near Rockville, is covered in residential roads and cul-de-sacs, which is great for families. On the other hand, the southeast end has plenty of green space, like Valley Falls Park, for hiking and exploring nature. Although smaller than Vernon, the Rockville section has a great downtown area with local businesses, churches, a museum and restaurants.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Rockville is home to the New England Civil War Museum. The museum and library were originally created by the war's veterans in the area in the 1800s and have now been kept up and expanded to teach and memorialize the conflict.
- Vernon became a town in 1808 after splitting from nearby Bolton. Rockville became one in 1889. The densely built City of Rockville became a borough of Vernon in 1965. The two now operate as one government entity under the official town name of Vernon.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Citizens looking to pay taxes, contact the mayor or just read up on the last meeting's minutes should visit Vernon's town website.
- Children in both Vernon and Rockville are part of the Vernon Public Schools system, which operates eight schools.
- Although Hartford's The Courant is nearby, the Journal Inquirer is a small-town local paper of the region that residents may enjoy.
Live in Vernon and Rockville
Both Vernon and Rockville are great areas for families to settle down and make a life. If you move there, you'll be getting two stellar communities for the price of one.