Find Houses for Rent in Waterbury, CT
At the intersection of major regional roads Interstate 84 and Route 8, Waterbury is a community in central western Connecticut that's transformed success from the Industrial Revolution into a beautiful town today. More developed than many of the rural small towns of Connecticut, Waterbury is near several urban areas like New Haven, New Britain and Hartford. Waterbury has a scenic downtown area with restaurants, local shops, churches and multiple museums that families can check out. Despite its well-developed industrial economy and downtown, many homes for rent in Waterbury are spread throughout suburban neighborhoods.
Fun Facts for Future Renters
- Waterbury is named for the Naugatuck River and was settled as early as 1674. The town grew into its name, turning the river into an asset for industrial development. Waterbury quickly became known as the Brass Capital of the World because of its brass production, and is still referred to as the Brass City although its economy has evolved.
- Waterbury is filled with activities. Whether families want to play at great playgrounds like Washington Park, play golf at the beautiful Waterbury Country Club or see a Broadway play at the Palace Theater, there are plenty of options. Downtown also features two museums - The Timexpo Timex Museum and the Mattatuck Museum.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Many residents get their local news, sports and entertainment from the regional Republican American newspaper.
- The Waterbury Public Schools give children and teens in town a great education through dozens of schools, including alternative options like an art magnet.
- The Waterbury town website gives residents a resource for news from town leadership as well as services within the community.
Live in Waterbury
Waterbury is the perfect town for families looking to rent. With its cultural and geographical diversity, there's no shortage of opportunities.