Discover Houses for Rent in West Haven, CT
West Haven is a long seaside city that hugs the shore of Long Island Sound. Just south of New Haven and across New Haven Harbor from East Haven, West Haven is a great community surrounded by similar-sounding towns. Unlike New Haven in the north, the famous home of Yale University, West Haven is less urban and more residential. Homes for rent in West Haven give parents the opportunity to live near the Connecticut Turnpike for a quick commute without living in the city. In the summer, families in West Haven can spend their time down at the beach. Bradley Point Park and Savin Rock Park are a few of the public access points for the ocean in West Haven.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Originally developed as a farming community connected to New Haven, West Haven quickly became its own community, although it went by several other names. A Revolutionary War battle was fought in West Haven when the town was called West Farms. It was also a significant lookout point for British ships during the War of 1812.
- West Haven has been called "Connecticut's Friendliest City," and sees a lot of visitors at its beaches and local businesses each year.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The West Haven Board of Education operates a large school system that helps every child in the city get the tools he or she needs after graduation.
- Many West Haven residents look north to New Haven for their news. The New Haven Register serves the city as well as its neighboring communities.
- If residents want more local political news and meeting minutes, they should check out the West Haven website. It has links for everything from the police station to directions to the airport.
Live in West Haven
West Haven has great schools and a strong community that families will enjoy, but one of the best parts of town is its beautiful coastal views.