Find Houses for Rent in Wilton, CT
Near Fairfield and Norwalk, Wilton is a residential town in southwest Connecticut. Bordering Lewisboro, N.Y., Wilton is about an hour north of New York City and very close to Interstate 95. Homes for rent aren't just in a good location for commuters - families will also like the short trip to beaches and recreation areas like Sherwood Island State Park on Long Island Sound.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Wilton was originally settled as part of Norwalk in 1651, after Robert Ludlow bought the land from local Native Americans. Wilton was the first non-Native American settlement north of Norwalk.
- The area was heavily affected by the Revolutionary War. Not only were 300 residents - a large percentage of Wilton's men - involved in the fight, but British troops burned houses as they retreated during a battle held outside of town.
- In the mid-1900s, Wilton transformed from the farming community it had been to a booming suburban town. The history of the town has been preserved as well as its natural beauty.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- The Wilton Villager is the local news source for the town and is part of the larger Norwalk The Hour, which also serves the town.
- Residents will want to make sure they bookmark Wilton's town website. The site has links to the various boards and departments that make Wilton run, as well as information on the town's rich history.
- The Wilton School District operates the four schools in town. The school website helps parents more easily contact administrators and get tools to help their children.
Live in Wilton
Wilton is a small, suburban town right in the heart of the busy Northeast U.S. Near New York City, Stamford and a dozen other Connecticut ports, Wilton is a great spot for families to live.