Find Perfect Houses for Rent in DeFuniak Springs, FL
DeFuniak Springs is located in Florida's panhandle, a few miles from Freeport, Santa Rosa Beach and Crestview. The city is the county seat, also known as the administrative center, of Walton County. Homes for rent in DeFuniak Springs have access to a wide variety of recreational facilities, historical sites and the oldest library in Florida. There are also a number of clubs and associations for just about every interest, from gardening to quilting.
Interesting Facts for Renters
- The Walton DeFuniak Library was established in 1886 and is the oldest functioning library in the state. It houses original books from the 1800s, as well as a collection of historic armor.
- In the early 1900s, DeFuniak Springs was known as the educational center of the south, as it was the location of a number of higher education institutions. The Florida Teacher's Association was founded in the city as well.
- Lake DeFuniak, located centrally in the city and surrounded by historic Victorian homes, is one of two naturally circular bodies of water in the world. The second is located in Switzerland.
Resources for Future Renters
- The DeFuniak Springs official website provides valuable information for new residents, including bill-pay services, staff and department directories, important announcements and details on community events.
- The DeFuniak Herald is the oldest business in Walton County and has been published continuously since 1888. The paper is to go-to source for the latest news on the community and local politics.
- Families in the area send their children to Walton County schools. The district website provides a list of area schools, conduct and dress codes, academic calendars and information on parent meetings.