Explore Houses for Rent in Gulf Breeze, FL
Gulf Breeze lies on the Fairpoint Peninsula west of Navarre and just over the Pensacola Bay Bridge from Pensacola. Those who want to live in a waterfront city with plenty of nearby entertainment may find homes for rent in Gulf Breeze to be attractive options.
Intriguing Gulf Breeze Facts
- Gulf Breeze Cottages and Store, founder of an area post office in 1926, gave its name to Gulf Breeze.
- The first bridge connecting Pensacola and the site later to become Gulf Breeze was constructed out of wood in 1931. Another bridge, this time made of concrete, was built in 1951.
- In 1824, a road was established that stretched from St. Augustine across the entire peninsula. Just three years earlier, in 1821, Florida was declared an American territory.
Gulf Breeze Resources
- At the Gulf Breeze Area Chamber of Commerce website, renters can check out business listings and work opportunities or join the organization.
- For help with matters of everyday living or assistance with matters of local government, the City of Gulf Breeze municipal website is a powerful tool.
- Santa Rosa County School District provides a host of pages on its official website to aid parents seeking information about public education nearby.
What to Do in Gulf Breeze
The eastern portion of Gulf Breeze is covered by the Naval Live Oaks Nature Preserve. Visitors can go swimming in a sheltered area that has a mild surf suitable for small children, while the Naval Live Oaks Visitor Center offers a selection of exhibits and a bookstore. There are also more than 7 1/2 miles of trails running through the park. Fishermen can take advantage of the nearby waters as well, thanks to the Pensacola Beach Gulf Pier, which extends over two sand bars and is open 24 hours a day, seven days per week.