Discover Houses for Rent in Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is one of many prominent cities in Palm Beach County, located in between Palm Beach Gardens and Palm Beach Shores. Families looking for homes for rent can pursue many opportunities and enjoy quality amenities while living in Riviera Beach, such as a weekend on Peanut Island, going for a run at Wells Recreation Park and Bicentennial Park or eating at Italian Rose Gourmet Products.
History of Riviera Beach
- Native Americans inhabited the banks of Lake Worth, which is located near Riviera Beach, in its early history.
- Riviera Beach was founded in the late 1800s.
- The land that eventually turned into Riviera Beach was initially in the hands of Allen Heyser, the first lawyer and first county judge in Palm Beach County, during the early 1800s. Heyser gave the city its first name, Oak Lawn.
- The early community was a beacon for homesteaders.
- The name of the town was changed to Riviera Beach in the late 1800s.
- Riviera Beach was incorporated in 1922.
- The fishing industry was a driving force behind the growth of Riviera Beach. Tourism was a later staple in the city.
Resources for Renters
The Riviera Beach Community Redevelopment Agency has a website that displays information about the agency's agendas and programs. Examples of the agency's programs include "Community Boating Program-Florida Fishing Academy" and "Riviera Beach Market At the Marina," showing renters the efforts made to sustain the city's vibrant community. Other resources available on the site include the agency's annual report and a history of the city.
The city's official website has quick and easy-to-read updates on city news and city events, such as "Jazz After Dark Concerts." The website also contains pages on the city's government, parks and recreation, the city's library, marina, local attractions and more.