Discover Houses for Rent in Albany, GA
Albany, Georgia is a diverse and happening city located about an hour away from Columbus. It's in the southwestern part of the state. Located in Dougherty County, Albany is the birthplace of famous musician Ray Charles. A statue of him playing the piano is a center piece of downtown. In addition to its historical roots, the city has an impressive amount of parks throughout the city that offer swimming pools, biking trails and beautiful gardens, which make it a great place for homes for rent.
Facts for Renters
- Albany is home to the historical Bridge House that was built by famous architect and engineer Horace King in 1858. He also built many of the city's bridges.
- It's home to a number of monuments that mark special eras throughout American history. Visitors can pay respects to fallen soldiers at the Royal Air Force Memorial where British cadets from World War II are laid to rest. The Astronauts Memorial was erected in memory of NASA crews.
- A collection of impression and traditional African art pieces are on display along with rotating exhibits at the Albany Museum. Before becoming a home to the works, the building was a hosiery. It was founded in the 1960s by The Southwest Georgia Art Association.
Resources for Renters
- The Albany Herald publishes news, feature stories and the weather on its website.
- The city's official website offers employment information as well as a background on the local and county government.
- The Chamber of Commerce gives a closer look at the economy and business structure of the area. It also has information about an upcoming trips and a list of local events and ways to get involved in the community.