724 Houses for Rent in Cartersville, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Cartersville House Options
Looking for more?
Explore Houses for Rent in Cartersville, GA
The friendly town of Cartersville is located near Acworth and Kennesaw. Visitors and residents can take in the history of Cartersville from the Etowah Indian Mounds that date back to 1,000 A.D, the Civil War and several other pivotal points of American history. In addition to monuments and museums that offer insight to culture of the land, the city has museums, trails and shops. Farms, campgrounds and theaters add to the reasons why Cartersville is a great place for families looking at homes for rent.
Facts about Cartersville
- A 12,000 acre lake, the Allatoona is just a 10-minute drive from town. Families can park their RVs and stay overnight or visit for the day and go for walks or play water sports.
- The Allatoona Visitors Center shares the story of the first position of Chief Engineer of the Revolutionary War.
- During the mid 1800s, the fertile land became a hub for the production of cotton, wheat, corn and tobacco. The people who planted the crops were known as "gentlemen farmers."
- Famous faces associated with the city include notorious bank robber "Pretty Boy" Floyd, writer Cora Harris and the state's first African American Supreme Court Chief Justice Robert Benham.
- Godfrey Barnsley was one of the prominent settlers of the land after the Cherokee Indians. He and two friends initially moved to the area each with their own purpose for exploring the land. Later on Barnsley moved his wife and children to town where they built a property on more than 1,000 acres.