Explore Houses for Rent in Hamilton, GA
Hamilton, a little more than 30 minutes away from Columbus, is a small Georgian city with a state park in its backyard. Homes for rent in Hamilton are far enough from metropolitan bustle to make for tranquil living, though their closeness to Columbus makes an urban getaway an attainable option.
Hamilton Historical Highlights
- Hamilton's town square became the site of a historical museum in 1969. The establishment, known as "Hamilton on the Square," is dedicated to the period between 1870 and 1920.
- The city's name may be in memory of a former governor of South Carolina, James Hamilton, Jr.
- Hamilton is the seat of Harris County and was incorporated in 1828.
- B.F. White, a practitioner of Sacred Heart music, settled in Hamilton in the late 1800s. The genre relies solely upon the human voice for the performance of Christian congregational music.
Helpful Hamilton Resources
- The Hamilton Georgia website makes information available on topics including local government, religious institutions and education.
- For assistance navigating various aspects of community life in the Hamilton area, renters can visit the Harris County Online Guide website.
- Parents can familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Hamilton at the website of Harris County Schools.
Nature lovers living in Hamilton rentals are free to roam Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park, just miles from town. With more than 40 miles of trails and the Liberty Bell Swimming Pool, hikers and swimmers alike have something to enjoy at the park. A fishing lake with an adjacent campground is also available for visitors to use, making for a full range of outdoor activities suitable for both adults and children. Indoor entertainment in a number of forms is available in Columbus, from the musicals and concerts hosted at the RiverCenter for the Performing Arts to the films screened at Carmike Cinemas.