Settle Down in Houses for Rent in Jonesboro, GA
Whether you want to take a dip in nearby Lake Spivey or you're a fan of the acclaimed novel and film "Gone with the Wind," chances are you'll relish the opportunity to move to homes for rent in Jonesboro. Situated in historic Clayton County and just a stone's throw away from several major stores, thoroughfares and attractions, Jonesboro can be the ideal place for your growing family.
3 Things Jonesboro Renters Should Know
- Incorporated as a town in 1859, Jonesboro was, during the antebellum period, a commercial center for those in Clayton, Fayetteville and Henry counties.
- The site of the famed Battle of Jonesboro, which is considered by some Civil War buffs to have been the most essential aspect of the Georgia Campaign, the town is significant in the history of the conflict. Many experts view the loss of the battle by the Confederacy as directly contributing to the fall of Atlanta, and in turn, Sherman's successful March to the Sea.
- Located in Jonesboro's 1867 Historic Train Depot, the Road to Tara Museum in Jonesboro is a must-see attraction for fans of Margaret Mitchell's legendary novel and the 1939 film adaptation. Visitors can enjoy tours at the museum and glimpse reproductions of famous costumes worn in the film, along with personal artifacts from Mitchell's life.
Essential Resources for Jonesboro Renters
- You can learn more about Jonesboro and begin planning your move to the town by visiting the official website. While there, you can gain valuable information about municipal offices and departments as well as upcoming community events.
- By visiting the Clayton County Public Schools website, you can learn vital facts about the school system within the community.