Find Houses for Rent in Kingsland, GA
In the marshy southeastern corner of Georgia, near the Florida border, the city of Kingsland offers families an entertaining and convenient place to live. Homes for rent in Kingsland are near the Cumberland National Seashore for an unspoiled beautiful beach, as well as Jacksonville, Fla., to the south and Brunswick in the north. Many people travel to Kingsland because of its natural beauty, the nearby Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge and its fun activities. It's been named Oprah's Love Town USA because of its small-town feel and community hospitality.
Important Information for Future Renters
- Families will never be bored in Kingsland. The Woodbine Opry offers a spot to get out and enjoy the traditional music of the area, like bluegrass and country, while the St. Mary's Submarine Museum lets you dive a little deeper in history. Families can also pick up a healthy, nature-friendly hobby together, like biking or birding, because of the great parks and rare wildlife in the region.
- The city gets its name from the King family who owned the land originally in the late 1700s. It was officially made a city in 1908 after a King descendant mapped out land and set out to create a town.
Helpful Resources for Residents
- Residents will want to bookmark the Kingsland website. "The City of Royal Treatment" lets residents pay fees online and has contact information, meeting agendas and plenty of extra information on the city itself.
- Kingsland children are part of the Camden County Schools district, which has nine elementary schools in the area.
- The city with a small-town feel also has a small-town newspaper. The Camden County Tribune & Georgian offers residents a local newspaper with the events and news that's relevant to the city.
Live in Kingsland
Kingsland gives families a chance to live in a beach city surrounded by some of the best wildlife areas in the country, as well as a welcoming community and great businesses.