76 Houses for Rent in Lagrange, Georgia
Number of Bedrooms
Lagrange House Options
Find Houses for Rent in LaGrange, GA
Situated roughly midway between Columbus and Newnan, LaGrange lies on the banks of the Chattahoochee River. Both history and culture are within easy reach of homes for rent in LaGrange, making the city an appealing option for many renters.
Fun Facts About LaGrange
- The initial settlers of LaGrange came not only from Georgia, but also from the Carolinas and Virginia.
- The town courthouse was located at the center of LaGrange from 1828 to 1936. A public square now stands at the site of the original courthouse.
- By 1920, nine different cotton mills were active in LaGrange. The first to begin operation started at a 6-year-old cottonseed oil mill in 1888.
- A Union colonel, coincidentally named Oscar H. La Grange, besieged the city of LaGrange in 1865.
Practical LaGrange Resources
- Renters can learn more about local government and various municipal departments at the City of LaGrange official website.
- Information about employment and leisure opportunities can be found at the website of the LaGrange Troup County Chamber of Commerce.
- The Troup County School System website provides tools for exploring the educational options of LaGrange.
Ways to Play in LaGrange
On the shores of the Chattahoochee River, Pyne Road Park Campground offers a place for renters to unwind in the outdoors. Visitors can fish, water ski and boat in the waters of the river. Additionally, 24 campsites are available in the park, supplementing its nature trails for adventures on solid ground. Those curious about archeology and ancient Biblical history can check out The Explorations in Antiquity Center and investigate artifacts and archeological replicas. To experience culture that's a bit more contemporary, renters can browse the LaGrange Art Museum's permanent collection, which concentrates on 20th-century art and American artists.The museum also hosts rotating temporary exhibitions to ensure that patrons have plenty of works to explore.