Get to Know Houses for Rent in Lithonia, GA
Whether you want to take a family picnic in Lithonia Community Park or simply walk down busy Stone Mountain Street to take in some of the sprawling shops to be found there, Lithonia, Ga., is a town that can appeal to people of all ages. Easily accessible via Interstate 278, Lithonia is only a short drive away from the exciting energy of Atlanta, yet still offers the welcoming appeal of a country setting. If you're exploring towns to relocate to in the near future, consider the unique character of a place like Lithonia - once you relocate to one of these spacious homes for rent, you'll never want to leave!
3 Things Lithonia Renters Should Know
- Lithonia was incorporated in 1970, and garnered its distinctive moniker when a teacher in the 1840s combined the Greek words "litho," which means "rock," and "onia," which translates to "place."
- There's an abundance of rock within the town, including gneiss granite. Stone Mountain, a nearby granite dome, is comprised predominantly of gneiss.
- Gatherings in Lithonia can be hosted at a number of events, including the ultra-scenic Lithonia Community Park and Lucious Sanders Recreational Center. If you're looking to take a hike and explore new surroundings, you should consider heading to Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve.
Important Resources for Lithonia Renters
- To get a better sense of the community's composition, head to Georgia's official government website, which features a profile of Lithonia, along with other helpful tips that may be essential for you as you weigh the benefits of relocating to the town.
- Students in Lithonia attend schools within the DeKalb County Public Schools system, and by understanding more about them, you can ensure that your child has the tools he or she needs for academic success.